April 9, 2018
For Consent Manager purpose each tag, content, and pop-up served by Tag Manager or Personalization needs to be labeled with the proper type.
In tag/content/pop-up edit form user can choose its type. All tag templates have default types values but they can be changed manually if it’s needed.
Each tracking of tracking types requires visitor’s consent (if GDPR compliance is on).
The user can also assign a non-tracking type and thanks to that chosen tag/content/pop-up won’t require consent to be fired.
Does not require consent – a broad category for any tag that will not ask visitors for their consent. Tags in this category will execute automatically with or without consent. These tags run functional code that doesn’t track visitors, collect personal data or perform any other processing requiring consent.
How to set tag types:
1. Log in to your Piwik Pro Marketing Suite application and go to Tag Manager section – click “Tag Manager” link in top bar menu.
2. Choose proper website from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on “Tags” option in Tag Manager menu.
4. Choose already created tag or add a new one.
5. Scroll down to “Advanced tag settings” to “Tag type” section. Choose one of the available types.
6. Save a form.
7. Publish changes to make it live (Publish button in the top bar).