Content report (classic)
The content report shows you impressions and interactions with elements on your website, such as banners, pop-ups, or contextual ads. To collect data for this report, you need to set up content tracking. Depending on the element that you want to track, you can do one of two things:
- To track pop-ups set with a custom pop-up tag and contextual ads set with a custom content tag, you need to enable content tracking in the Piwik PRO tag.
- To track any other element, you need to enable content tracking in the Piwik PRO tag and tag this element in your website’s code. For more, read our blog post.
Turn on content tracking
To enable content tracking in the Piwik PRO tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- From the list of tags, pick the Piwik PRO tag.
- In Piwik PRO Analytics setup, toggle
Enable content tracking.
About the report
To view the content report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Actions.
- Click Contents.
- View the report.
Note: You can also find the content report in Analytics (new) (Menu > Analytics (new) > Content performance).
Metrics in the report
In the content report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Impressions: The number of times a content block was displayed to visitors.
- Interactions: The number of times visitors interacted with a content block, for example, clicked an element in a content block.
- Interaction rate: A percentage that tells you how many people interacted with a content block. Interaction rate = Impressions / Interactions * 100%.
Dimensions in the report
In the content report, you’ll find the following dimensions:
- Content name: A name of the tracked content block.
- Content piece: A piece of the tracked content block, for example, a creative, banner, or video.
- Content target: A target of the tracked content block, for example, a link in the content block.
Tip: You’re defining these dimensions while setting the content tracking and tagging elements on your website.