Technical requirements for running Web Log Analytics
- Access to the server or server logs – for example via SSH
- Python 2.6 or 2.7 – versions 3.x are not supported. Most often you’ll want to import your data straight from the server where it is created. To do this, you’ll need to be able to run a Python script on the machine that will send the logs to Piwik PRO.
- Log Importer tool – this is a script written in Python ensuring that logs are sent to your Piwik instance.
Supported log formats
- all default log formats for: Nginx, Apache, IIS, Tomcat
- all common log formats like: NCSA Common log format, Extended log format, W3C Extended log files, Nginx JSON
- log files of some popular Cloud Saas services: Amazon CloudFront logs, Amazon S3 logs
- streaming media server log files such as: Icecast
- log files with and without the virtual host will be imported