January 29, 2018
Available from version: 5.0.0 (Audience Manager required)
In addition to the data collected from Analytics and from the forms, you can import data from third-party platforms. For example, you can use data from your CRM, mailing list, or another database.
To import a CSV file, follow these steps:
- Export the data from an external source into *.csv file Make sure that the export file contains the identifier you want to use in Audience Manager.
- Select the file to import to Audience Manager.
- Choose identifier type and the column which stores identifiers in CSV file – the identifier is used to match imported user data to profiles stored in Audience Manager (existing ones will be updated if there is a match, new ones created otherwise).
- Choose columns to import.
- Map columns to attributes in profiles – enter the attribute name for each selected column. In case the attribute exists, it will be overwritten by the value imported from the CSV file, otherwise, new attribute will be created in the profile. Please note that the maximum length of the attribute name is 255 characters (after normalization).
- Click on the Import button at the bottom of the window once you configure the fields. Be careful as you will not be able to revert the import and restore the values which were overwritten.
Now the data is being imported and Audience Manager will inform you once it’s finished.