Add data from custom events
If you want to collect data in Audience Manager from custom events in Analytics, you need to create and set up a new attribute.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin the process:
- In Tag Manager, check the custom event for which you want to set the attribute. Note the name, action, label, and value for the event.
- Think thoroughly about how you want to collect data for an attribute. For example, you may have an attribute
Button clickand set the value as the type of button that was clicked.
Tip: You’ll find a great deal of knowledge about setting up custom events in our guide: Analytics for Advanced.
Create and set up an attribute
To add a new attribute and collect data from a custom event for it, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Audience Manager.
- Navigate to Attributes.
- Click Create new attribute.
- Name the attribute.
Set value with analytics custom events.
- Filter custom events to collect data from the events you want. For example, we’ll set the category
Button, so that we could receive data only from events in this category.
- Set attribute value. You can choose
Valueas the value for the attribute. For example, we’ll use
Action, so that we could see values for action from a custom event. In our case, the action collects information about the name of the clicked button.
- When you’re done, click Save.
- The attribute is now on the list, and Audience Manager will start receiving data for it. After some time, the attribute should be filled up with data.
Having a new attribute, you can create an audience based on this attribute, and use it to fire tags in Tag Manager or for other advertising tools like Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and more.