Available from version 5.0.0 (Audience Manager required).
In addition to the data collected from Analytics and from the forms, you can import data from third-party platforms. For example, you can use data from your CRM, mailing list, or another database.
To import a CSV file, follow these steps:
- Export the data from an external source into a CSV file. Make sure that the export file contains the identifier you want to use in Audience Manager.
- Go to Menu > Audience Manager.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click an Import button.
- Click an Add a File button. Then select a CSV file to upload.
- Choose Identifier and Identifier Type. The identifier matches imported data to profiles stored in Audience Manager. If there is a match to existing profiles in Audience Manager, they will be updated. Otherwise, the new profiles will be created.
- Choose columns to import.
- Map columns to attributes in profiles. Enter the attribute name for each selected column. If the attribute exists in Audience Manager, it will be overwritten by the value imported from the CSV file. Otherwise, a new attribute will be created in the profile. Please note that the maximum length of the attribute name is 255 characters (after normalization).
- Select an attribute type — text or numeric.
- When you’re done, click the Import button. Be careful as you will not be able to revert the import and restore the values which were overwritten.
The attribute that exists in Audience Manager has a defined type — text or numeric. Therefore, you can’t change the type while importing data. If you want to change the type of existing attribute, edit it in Attributes (Audience Manager > Attributes).
It may take several minutes to import the data and Audience Manager will let you know once it’s done.