Add languages to the consent form
Needed permissions: owner, manage or edit & publish
Your visitors can see consent forms in their language. We have consent forms in Dutch, English, Finnish, German, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish. So if a visitor uses a browser in one of these languages, they’ll see the form in that language. For other languages, you need to do translations on your own and add them in Consent Manager.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add a language to the form.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you add languages:
- The visitor will see your form in the browser language. If your form doesn’t support that language, they will see it in a default language.
- The visitor can switch to a different language by using the drop-down menu on the form. If the visitor changes the language, they will see consent forms in that language in the future.
- If Dutch, English, Finnish, German, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish are not listed, add them. The forms will be translated automatically, so you won’t have to do it yourself.
To add a language, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Consent Manager.
- Navigate to Settings.
- In Languages, click Add language.
Note:If Dutch, English, Finnish, German, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish are not listed, add them. The forms will be translated automatically, so you won’t have to do it yourself.
- Choose the language and click Save. Don’t make it active yet because you need to translate the form first.
- Navigate to Consent templates.
- Choose the added language from the language picker.
- Edit each form and translate all elements.
- When you’re done, navigate back to Settings.
- In Languages, click the three-dot icon next to the added language.
- Click Activate.
- Optionally, you can set the added language as default.