If you want to send your analytics data from Piwik PRO to BigQuery, you can use our paid service. Once your data is uploaded to BigQuery, you can use SQL-like queries to process and analyze the data or transfer it to other tools and services.
In this article, we’ll explain how to set up your integration.
Here are some things to know before you start:
- For daily exports, we start exporting data at 4 AM (UTC) and deliver it within a few hours. The exact time depends on the amount of data. It’s not possible to change the export time.
- For hourly exports, we export your data every hour and deliver it within that hour. The exact time depends on the amount of data.
- If you’re exporting data from Google Ads, it’ll be delayed for both daily and hourly exports since Google delivers their data to us at 8 PM (UTC).
- You can change your export setup, but there will be a delay in applying the changes because exports are scheduled in advance.
To integrate with Big Query, follow these steps:
- Get in touch with your account manager or use this form to contact us. They’ll assist you in processing the payment for this service.
- Reach out to our support team, and they’ll set up a secure connection for you to share the following information:
- google_application_credentials (the entire JSON key of your service account)
- Time zone for each site. If it’s not provided, the data will be exported using the site’s time zone set in Administration > Sites & apps > Data collection > Time zone.
- Frequency: daily or hourly
- (Optional) If you have a firewall, just let us now and we’ll send you the list of IP addresses to allowlist. But keep in mind that in some rare cases these addresses might change. If you notice any missing files, just contact our support team.
- Once we receive that information, we can establish a connection between Piwik PRO and BigQuery and start uploading your data.
- All done!
We export your data in raw format. The raw data schema is saved as three files: sessions (sample CSV file), events (sample CSV file) and Google Ads integration. You can choose the website as well as the dimensions and metrics that you want to export.
You can also find a full list of columns containing dimensions and metrics in our developer documentation: reports, Google Ads, SharePoint.
We can export your data on a daily or hourly basis.
We use the load_table_from_file method to upload your data.