Turn a click path on (classic)
Click path is an Analytics feature that collects information about pages that a visitor went through prior to reaching a goal. For example, when a visitor enters our website, skips to a product page, and finishes signing up, click path records this journey. The click path feature will analyze the paths of all visitors and deliver a report that shows you the well-worn paths.
To turn click path on, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics settings.
- Navigate to ClickPath settings.
- Scroll down until you see Manage Goals and click the radio button next to the goal for which you want to activate the click path.
- Define how many elements you want to see on the click path.
- Define page URLs that you want to exclude from the click path. In our case, we want to ignore pages from the signup process like
https://clearbank/identity/. Leave only the page from the last step of the signup process.
- When done, click Save.
Once click path is turned on for the goal, Piwik PRO will start collecting data and you will soon be able to see it in the click path report.
To view the click path report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Goals.
- Click the name of the goal you want to work with.
- Navigate to Click path.
- View the report.
The click path report will show you how many conversions happened along each path, the average time that visitors needed to complete the goal, and the percentage of conversions that took place along each path. By analyzing these numbers you’ll learn which path is working well, and this information can serve as a guide for designing a better website structure for your visitors.