Let visitors opt out of being tracked
If you’re not using Consent Manager to collect and manage visitor consents for being tracked, you can use the opt-out form that will give the visitor a choice to opt out from tracking. This mechanism is not compliant with the GDPR regulations, and if you run your website in countries regulated by the GDPR it’s better to use Consent Manager. In other cases, you can use the opt-out mechanism.
In this article, we’ll explain how to install the opt-out form on your website and how it affects tracking.
To install the opt-out form on your website, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Platform.
- On the left, click Opt-out generator.
- Type the message you want to show to your visitors.
- Click Preview to see how the message will sound once installed on your website. The message will inherit your website’s CSS styles so it will look different from this preview.
- When you’re happy with how the form looks, copy the code and paste on your website.
When a visitor opts out from being tracked, Piwik PRO will not collect data about this visitor.