Set Up Two-Factor Authentication
To reinforce your account’s security, set up two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication requires two forms of identification to access to your account: your Piwik PRO login credentials, and one-time passcode you receive via Google Authenticator app.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up two-factor authentication.
Set up two-factor authentication
To set up two factor authentication, follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll turn this option on for you.
- Open Piwik PRO. You’ll see the following screen:
- Install the Google Authenticator app from the app store on your smartphone.
- Open your app and click the plus sign in the top right corner to add the QR code from the photo. Scan the code and your Piwik PRO code will be permanently added to your authenticator.
- Now that your access has been added to the authenticator go on and type the code it provided to your Piwik PRO login window.
Please note that the code will be changed every 60 seconds so you’ll always need to use a current one to log-in.
That’s it, you will now have to first use your password to log in and then provide the current authenticator code to get to your Piwik PRO.
Please note that you will be displayed the QR code only during the initial log-in so if you’ll for some reason will be unable to generate the code (ex. you’ll uninstall the authenticator app) you will need to contact us again to reset your access and provide the code again.