When you want to track SharePoint users in your company, you need to integrate Piwik PRO with SharePoint and set up tracking. Integration is necessary because Piwik PRO needs to load the tracking code on SharePoint pages, but it can’t do it like on a regular website. The integration process requires a few steps, but once it’s set, Piwik PRO is ready to collect and report data.
Integrate with SharePoint
To integrate with SharePoint, follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com.
- You’ll need an admin account to SharePoint or team up with a colleague who has an admin account.
- Pick the model of integration:
- WSP: using WSP file extension.
- APP: using APP file extension.
All versions of Piwik PRO can be connected to various versions of SharePoint. Here’s a table that briefly explains which ones can be integrated.
|SharePoint||Piwik PRO||Method of integration|
|SharePoint Online||Piwik PRO Analytics Suite||APP package|
|SharePoint 2019||Piwik PRO Analytics Suite||APP and WSP package|
|SharePoint 2016||Piwik PRO Analytics Suite||APP and WSP package|
|SharePoint 2013||Piwik PRO Analytics Suite||APP and WSP package|
|SharePoint 2013||Piwik PRO Standalone||WSP package|
|SharePoint 2010||Piwik PRO Standalone||WSP package|
Turn SharePoint reports on
To turn SharePoint reports on in Analytics, follow these steps:
Available from version 14.0.0
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Select a website you want to work with.
- Navigate to Settings.
- In Integrations, toggle SharePoint reports.
- After doing that, you will see the SharePoint section in Analytics. Reports in this section will fill up with data as soon as you integrate with SharePoint and set up tracking.