Migrate from Matomo to Piwik PRO
Migrating from Matomo (formerly Piwik) to Piwik PRO is quite easy and lets you transfer most of your data to the new platform.
During the migration process, we’ll take the following steps:
- Prepare a copy of the database from the Matomo (Piwik) account. If you’re migrating from the Matomo paid account, you’ll need to ask its customer service for a copy of the database.
- Create a Piwik PRO account and upload the database copy.
- Migrate websites, users, and permissions to Piwik PRO.
After the migration, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Change the tracking code on your websites to the Piwik PRO tracking code to enable Tag Manager, Consent Manager, and Audience Manager.
- Optionally, update your applications to use Piwik PRO’s API.
If you’re considering the migration, here’s a list of main differences between those two products:
|Feature||Matomo (Piwik)||Piwik PRO|
|Advanced custom reports in Analytics||✘||✔|
|Segments for historical data||✘||✔|
|Page-to-page and event funnels||✘||✔|
|Compare date ranges||✘||✔|
|Advanced Tag Manager||✘||✔|
|UI in English, German, Finish||✔||✔|
|Meta sites with permissions||✔||✔|
|User groups with permissions||✔||✔|
|Enterprise technical support||✘||✔|
|Google Search Console integration||✔||✔|
|Advanced SharePoint integration||✘||✔|
For more on Piwik PRO and the migration, contact us at email@example.com. We can give you a tour, run a trial, or start the migration process.