Migration to Piwik PRO Analytics Suite
Apart from Analytics and Tag Manager, Piwik PRO Analytics Suite offers additional powerful tools such as Personalization, Consent Manager, Audience Manager, and Custom Reports* – all included in one platform.
- You can use a combination of Piwik PRO Analytics and Tag Manager to implement, manage and modify events, custom dimensions and variables with minimal technical expertise, by using a single panel. You can manage various Piwik PRO templates as well as third-party integrations in a hassle-free way for your websites, apps, digital products, and secure member areas
- Personalization – with this tool you can run personalized pop-up messages, notifications and customized HTML content based on the data collected about your visitors. It can be visitor’s exit intention, time on the website, scroll and other behavior-triggered pop-ups and messages using an extensive library of built-in, ready-to-go triggers
- Consent Manager – lets you collect visitor consents to respect user privacy and efficiently manage all data subject requests from one place. Your visitors submit all requests required by GDPR: data erasure, rectification, access, and portability. With Piwik PRO you can monitor all submitted requests, view individual visitor consent status and data subject request history from one place
- Audience Manager – helps you collect and combine data from different data sources, lets you create audiences and use them in other components of Piwik PRO Analytics Suite, as well as to export them to third-party advertising and marketing platforms
- Custom Reports – will allow you to create custom reports as well as flexible report visualization and see results in real-time, you will benefit from maximum uptime, high server reliability, and no performance issues
- As your security is our top priority, we’ve added 2FA – Two Factor Authentication.
As we are constantly adding new features and keep improving the product, be sure to check our changelog.
What changes in Piwik PRO Analytics Suite when you migrate?
- Support for additional languages – as for today, there’s English and German version of Piwik PRO Analytics Suite, and we will be adding new language versions gradually
- There’s no whitelabel available
- Lack of User Groups
- Currently, there’s no option to define password policy
- API – here you’ll find which API methods have been changed. To verify new API methods and for full documentation please check https://developers.piwik.pro/
- Plugins that were used in Standalone version (e.g. Organizations) are no longer supported
Migration process in detail
During the migration, you might not be able to access your instance. We will take the following steps:
1. Create Piwik PRO Analytics Suite (PPAS) account
2. Enable maintenance mode
3. Prepare your database dump
4. Load your database dump to PPAS
5. Upgrade Analytics to the latest PPAS version
6. Migrate Analytics users to PPAS
7. Migrate Analytics websites to PPAS
8. Point your domain to a new data center endpoint
9. Replay Analytics request from the migration gap
Once we are sure that the migration process was successfully completed, we will inform you right away. At that time you will receive an email from us with instructions regarding accessing your new Piwik PRO Analytics Suite instance.
The steps are most likely going to be:
- Use your email address to log in. You will need to reset your password – due to security reasons we do not migrate passwords
- You will see your Analytics data coming to your instance – however, without switching your old Piwik PRO codes to new Piwik PRO Tag Manager codes, you will not be able to use modules other than Piwik PRO Analytics. Thus, in order to use other Piwik PRO Analytics Suite components, you would need to switch the codes on your websites
- Verify new API methods for Piwik PRO Analytics Suite at http://developers.piwik.pro/.
In case of any questions regarding migration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org