Piwik PRO is equipped with SDKs (software development kits) for Android and iOS. With each SDK, you can install a tracking code on your mobile app and start collecting user data.
Here’s a list of all our SDKs:
- SDK for Android (Languages: Java or Kotlin)
- SDK for iOS (Languages: Objective-C or Swift)
- SDK for React Native (Android and iOS)
- SDK for Flutter (Android and iOS)
All our SDKs are designed to work and behave the same way, so you can follow the same strategy to implement them in your apps – no matter which technology you use.
Events you can track with Piwik PRO SDKs
As the first step, you’ll need to install our SDK on your app. This will set the communication between your app and Piwik PRO. As the second step, you’ll need to add tracking methods to your app. These methods will let you track events.
Here’s a list of events that you can track with our SDKs:
- Screen view: A user sees a screen in your app. Screen views are similar to page views on websites. When tracking them, you can analyze the number of screen views, the time spent on each screen and other metrics. Just remember that they’ll appear as page views in reports in Analytics.
- Download: A user downloads a file from your app.
- Search: A user searches for something using your in-app search.
- Outlink: A user clicks on a link to the external website or app.
- Content impression: A user sees an ad in your app.
- Content interaction: A user interacts with an ad in your app.
- Goal conversion: A user completes a goal set for your app.
- Ecommerce transaction: A user buys something on your app.
- Social interaction: A user interacts with social media using Like, Share or Comment.
- App install: A user installs your app.
- Exception: A user runs into some app error or exception.
- Custom dimension
- User ID
- User email address
Data anonymization in our mobile SDKs
Our SDKs anonymize user data by default because we follow a privacy-by-design approach. As a result, you can be sure that you collect data and respect users’ privacy.
When data anonymization is turned on, you don’t collect a user ID and user IP address. Also, you can’t recognize individual users across different sessions. Each time a user starts your app, you see them as a new user in reports.
For more about privacy in Piwik PRO, see our privacy-related articles.