How can I protect reporting from spam requests?
Needed permissions: owner
Sometimes the tracker may receive spam requests from domains that do so for fun or attention. These requests clutter your reporting and distort the data. To protect your reports from spam data, you can whitelist page URLs that you want to track. After setting it up, the tracker will collect data only from whitelisted domains.
To whitelist page URLs you want to track, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Websites & apps.
- On the left, select the website you want to work with.
- In Settings > General settings, type the URL or URLs that you want to track.
- In Settings, scroll down until you see Tracking.
- Toggle Exact match URLs when tracking.
Note:When enabled, the tracker will block tracking request sent from different domains than added to: General settings > URLs. Make sure that you’ve added all domains you want to track. Otherwise, data from domains that you have not added will not be collected, even if the tracking code is installed on them.