How can I track anchor elements (#)?
By default, Piwik PRO doesn’t record elements after the main page URL. For example, when you have the page URL
clearbank.com/product-tour#first-step, in reports you will see
clearbank.com/product-tour. The anchor element
#first-step will not appear.
But if you want to track anchor elements and see uncut page URLs, you can turn this option on.
For a website or app
To turn on the tracking of anchor elements (#) for a single website, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Websites & apps.
- On the left, select the website you want to work with.
- In Settings, scroll down until you see the Tracking section.
Keep page URL fragments when tracking.
For the whole account
To turn on the tracking of anchor elements (#) for all websites, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics settings.
- Navigate to Website > Settings.
- Scroll down until you see the Page URL fragments tracking section.
- Thick the option
Keep Page URL fragments when tracking Page URL.
- Click Save.