How can I track anchor elements (#)?
By default, Piwik PRO doesn’t record elements after the main page URL. For example, when you have the page URL
clearbank.com/product-tour#first-step, in reports you will see
clearbank.com/product-tour. The anchor element
#first-step will not appear.
But if you want to track anchor elements and see uncut page URLs, you can turn this option on.
In global settings
To turn on the tracking of anchor elements (#) for all websites, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics settings.
- Navigate to Website > Settings.
- Scroll down until you see the Page URL fragments tracking section.
- Thick the option
Keep Page URL fragments when tracking Page URL.
In website settings
To turn on the tracking of anchor elements (#) for a single website, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Websites & apps.
- On the left, select the website you want to work with.
- In Settings, scroll down until you see the Tracking section.
Keep page URL fragments when tracking.