If you want to start using Piwik PRO instead of Matomo (formerly Piwik), you can consider a few options:
- Piwik PRO Core plan (free): You can use our free plan and start collecting web or app data from scratch.
- Piwik PRO Enterprise plan: You can use our paid plan and migrate data from Matomo to Piwik PRO.
If you decide on the second option, we’ll ask you to walk through a short migration process. Here’s how it’ll look.
During the migration process, we’ll take the following steps:
- Prepare a copy of the database from the Matomo (Piwik) account. If you’re migrating from the Matomo paid account, you’ll need to ask its customer service for a copy of the database.
- Create a Piwik PRO account and upload the database copy.
- Migrate websites, users, and permissions to Piwik PRO.
After the migration, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Change the tracking code on your websites to the Piwik PRO tracking code to enable Tag Manager, Consent Manager, and Audience Manager.
- Optionally, update your applications to use Piwik PRO’s API.
If you consider the switch, here’s a list of main differences between those two products:
|Feature||Matomo (Piwik)||Piwik PRO|
|Advanced custom reports in Analytics||✘||✔|
|Segments for historical data||✘||✔|
|Page-to-page and event funnels||✘||✔|
|Compare date ranges||✘||✔|
|Advanced Tag Manager||✘||✔|
|UI in English, German, Finish||✔||✔|
|Meta sites with permissions||✔||✔|
|User groups with permissions||✔||✔|
|Enterprise technical support||✘||✔|
|Google Search Console integration||✔||✔|
|Google Ads integration||✔||✔|
|Advanced SharePoint integration||✘||✔|
Note: For more, contact our sales team. We can give you a tour, run a trial, or start the migration process.