- Log analytics does not require changes in a website’s code. Hence, this method is recommended for data-sensitive websites such as a bank, government or health-care website.
- Log analytics is not affected by tracking blockers.
- For greater security, the server with web-log analytics can be different from the web server.
- You can use log files to import historical data to Piwik PRO account.
- Log analytics can’t track custom dimensions, ecommerce, or other custom elements.
- Log analytics limits you only to Analytics. You can’t use Tag Manager, Consent Manager or Audience Manager with this tracking method.
For more, see “Web Log Analytics.”