Which HTTP request headers are used by Piwik PRO?
When measuring activity with the Piwik PRO tracking API, the following HTTP headers may be used:
- Host – the hostname of the HTTP request, the hostname of the Piwik PRO server;
- Referrer – used to track Referrer information such as website, search engine, social network;
- User-Agent – used to detect the information about browsers, operating system, devices by the device-detector library;
- Cookie – when Opted-out from tracking, or when Third party cookies are used;
- Origin – used when cross-origin resource sharing is enabled;
- Accept-Language – used to detect the users’ language;
- X-Forwarded-Proto, X-Forwarded-Host, X-Forwarded-For – when Piwik PRO is set up behind a proxy;
- DNT – used to detect whether a visitor’s device is opted-out from tracking.