When you add a new teammate to your account, they’ll automatically have access to all modules, including Analytics, Tag Manager, Consent Manager, Customer Data Platform and Administration. However, you can easily change their access by limiting their permissions to only specific modules. This way, you can make sure that your teammates only see the information they need to work on their projects.
In this article, we’ll show you how to set permissions for modules.
Here are a few things to know before you start:
- If you decide to turn off a module, the user won’t be able to see it in their Piwik PRO account.
- A user with the role of owner can see all modules.
- You can allow or deny module access using the API.
To turn off a module for a user, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Users.
- Pick the user you want to work with.
- In Profile, turn off the module you want the user to have access to.
- After turning off the module, the user won’t see it in their Piwik PRO account. However, you can always turn it back on again.
- (Optional) Go to Menu > Administration > Sites & apps > Permissions to see module permissions granted to each user.