When you create a new account for your teammate, by default they will have permissions for all modules in Piwik PRO — Analytics, Tag Manager, Audience Manager, Consent Manager and Administration. But you can change it, and grant them permissions only to specific modules.
Here are some things to know before you start changing permissions for modules:
- If you revoke permissions for a module for a user, they won’t see the module in the app.
- The owner has access to all modules.
- You can grant permissions for modules via API.
To turn off permissions for a module for a user, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Users.
- From the left-hand list, pick the user you want to work with.
- In Privileges, toggle the module which you want to turn off for the user. For example, toggle Tag Manager.
After disabling the module permissions, the user will not see the module in the app. But if at any point you need to give your teammate access to the module, you can turn it on just like you turned it off.
Additionally, you can view module permissions granted for each user under Menu > Administration > Websites & apps >
your website or app > Permissions.