Piwik PRO may be used by many people in your company. To share it with your teammates, you need to add a user and set permissions for websites, apps, meta sites, and modules.
In this article, we’ll explain how to add a user.
To add a user, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Users.
- Click Add new user.
- Type an email address used by your teammate.
- Type the password and type the password again to confirm it.
- Set the language for the UI.
- If you want to grant your teammate the owner access level, toggle the owner privilege. By default, each new user has a user level access and you need to assign permissions for them for each website, app, or meta site.
Tip: The difference between the owner and user is:
- Owner is the primary contact for the account and can perform all actions in the account, including adding a website, inviting other users to join, assigning a user level, and granting permissions for a website.
- User can do only specific actions, depending on the type of permission they have for each website. By default, every new User doesn’t have access to anything.
- As the last step, grant permissions to the website, app, meta site, or module for this user under Menu > Administration > Websites & apps >
Your website or app> Permissions, or under Menu > Administration > Meta sites >
Your meta site> Permissions. Or optionally, add the user to the user group.
Note: If you want to track changes made by your teammates in the platform, use the audit log.