Create a custom report
Needed permissions: owner, manage, edit & publish or edit
Video tutorial: watch on YouTube
Creating a custom report takes a few clicks. First, think of what you want to build, and then follow our guidelines to set the report properly.
To create a new custom report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics (new) .
- Navigate to Custom reports
- Click Add new report.
- Pick the report you’d like to use. You can choose from these types: flat table, explorer, bar chart, line chart, funnel, or user flow.
- Name the report.
- Choose the Visibility option: Author or All users. The All users option lets you share this grouping with other teammates.
- Choose dimensions and metrics for your report. Drag and drop elements from the ride-hand menu to the left-hand drop point.
- Optionally, set Default sorting options.
- Optionally, apply filters to metrics or dimensions.
- Click Refresh preview to sneak peek at the data. The data will appear for the last 7 days.
- When you’re happy with the report, click Create report.
Note: Remember that when you are creating a report, you can’t combine an event dimension with a metric calculated for a session dimension. They need to belong to the same scope. For more, read this article.
Tip: You can choose to sort by dimensions or metrics. The default setting will always show this type of sorting in your custom report.
Filters in custom reports
When creating a new custom report you can use filters to refine data.
To use a filter in a custom report, follow these steps:
- When you’re creating a new report, scroll down until you see the Filters section.
- Drag and drop a dimension or metric from the right-hand menu to the left-hand drop point.
- Select a condition for each dimension or metric.
Tip: You can create as many conditions as you wish to, and connect them with
And logic operators.