You can change some settings for data collection, privacy and reports in global settings. They affect the whole account (all sites and apps). In this article, we’ll explain each of these settings.
To change global settings, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Platform.
- On the left, click Global website settings.
Here’s the list of all available options:
- Internal search engine tracking: If you want to set the same search query parameters and categories for all websites and apps, add it here, but leave these fields empty in individual website settings. It’s because individual settings override global website settings. Also, keep in mind that Internal search engine tracking is turned on by default for every website or app. You can turn it off in individual website settings.
- Exclude IP addresses: Lets you exclude tracking data from a given IP address, for example the IP in your office. To exclude, you can use the wildcard, for example 54.217.*.* or 54.217.240.*. It works for all websites and apps. Added IP addresses exist along with those set in individual website settings.
- Exclude URL parameters: Lets you exclude parameters from the URL, making your reports look cleaner. For example, instead of the URL that looks like this clearbank.com/?_stg_debugyou’ll see the URL that looks like this clearbank.com. It works for all websites and apps. Added parameters exist along with those set in internal website settings.
- Exclude browsers: Lets you add the user-agent string used by the browser that you want to exclude from tracking. It works for all websites and apps. Added strings exist along with those set in individual website settings.
- Navigate to Privacy settings. Here you can mask visitors IP addresses.