Verify How Many of My Users Are Using a Certain Feature
As a User, you probably would want to be able to verify how many of your Users are using a certain feature so that you could perform specific training if needed.
The measurement of adaptation and usage of different application modules or website sections is based on these assumptions:
-> Modules/sections can be identified by either:
- part of url
- url query parameter
- anything else that can end up as TM variable so it can be tracked
-> Custom Dimensions are active and installed
-> Action Custom Dimension is created to store information about either module or section (whatever you want to track)
To verify how many Users are using the certain feature:
1. To create new Custom Dimension (navigate to Analytics Settings → Custom Dimensions).
2. Choose to create new Action Dimension there.
3. The placeholder is created. Now you need to choose one of the ways to provide values for it:
- Using regular expressions to parse the value from URL or URL query parameter using Dimension’s “extraction” feature. In such a case the whole configuration is performed during creation of a dimension
- Custom Dimension can be set through Tag Manager. To do that enter Tag Manager and create a new variable. Use Custom Dimension Tag template to set the variable in an appropriate moment/context. Set trigger basing on the information about section or module user is currently in.