How can I ignore traffic from my office?
People in your office interact with your website differently than other visitors. Copywriters may look at one page for an hour to come up with better copy. Developers may jump from one page to the other to spot technical issues. The support team will likely spend lots of time searching for support materials. None of these behaviors is similar to how your clients and readers interact with your website. Therefore it’s good to omit the traffic that comes from your office and focus on data related with external visitors.
To ignore traffic coming from your office, follow these steps:
- Find and note your IP address.
- Login to Piwik PRO.
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Websites & apps.
- On the left, select the website you want to work with.
- In Settings, scroll down until you see Blacklisting.
- Type the IP addresses you want to exclude.