Note: For versions below 16.17.0, use a manual scroll tracking method.
Piwik PRO tracks page scrolls automatically and saves scroll data as custom events. To see how far visitors scroll on a given page, you need to set up a custom report. In this article, we’ll show you how.
To set up reporting for page scrolls, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Custom reports.
- Click Add a report.
- Choose the following report type: Explorer.
- Name the report. Example:
- Choose the Visibility option: Author or All users. The All users option lets you share this report with other teammates.
- In Nested dimensions, set the following dimensions:
- Page URL
- Custom event action
- Add the following metrics:
- Custom events
- Unique custom events
- Optionally, set Default sorting options.
Tip: You can choose to sort by dimensions or metrics. The default setting will always show this type of sorting in your custom report.
- In Filter dimension, set the following filter: Custom event category is
built-in page scroll.
- Click Create a report.
- All done! Now click on a page URL in your report to see how far visitors scroll on that page.