To start measuring session time more precisely, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- On the left, click Piwik PRO.
- In Data collection, turn on Count session time precisely.
- Count session time precisely: If turned on, you’ll measure the end of a session more accurately. Session time is the period between opening the first page and closing the last one, but it’s hard to know exactly when a visitor closes the last page. This option will send ping requests to check if a visitor is still on the last page.
Note: Ping requests are sent with decreasing frequency. The first one is sent 15 seconds after the page loads. The last one 30 minutes later. The frequency in seconds goes like this: 15, 30, 60, 120, 240, 480, 960, 1800.
- Click Save for the tag and click Publish.