Creating custom reports is easy. Just decide what data you want to include, follow our guidelines and you’re done. Then use custom reports to get insights into your site traffic and visitor journeys.
To create a new custom report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Custom reports.
- Click Add a report.
- Pick the report you’d like to use. You can choose from these types:
- Flat table: A simple table with dimensions and metrics, no nested dimensions.
- Explorer: A table with nested dimensions and metrics and a line chart.
- Bar chart: A graph with bars helping you compare and understand your data.
- Line chart: A graph that shows how data changes over time.
- Funnel: A chart that shows the steps a visitor takes to complete a goal on your site or app. It helps you see where visitors drop off or have difficulties. Read more
- User flow: A picture of a visitor’s path on your site or app, showing what pages they visit and what actions they take. It helps you understand how visitors navigate your site or app and identify areas where you can make improvements. Read more
- Attribution: A report that shows which marketing channels or touchpoints drive conversions and sales and how much credit each one should get. This helps you make smarter decisions about where to spend your marketing budget to get better results. Read more
- Name the report.
- In Visibility set: Author or All users. The All users option lets you share this report with your teammates.
- Select dimensions and metrics for your report. Drag and drop items from the menu on the right to the left drop point.
Note: Keep in mind that when you create a report, you can’t combine an event dimension with a metric calculated for a session dimension. They must be in the same scope. For more, see this article.
- (Optional) Set Default sorting options.
Tip: You can sort by dimensions or metrics. Your custom report will always sort the data the way you set it here.
- (Optional) Apply filters to metrics or dimensions.
- Click Refresh preview to take a quick look at the data. The data will appear for the last 7 days or other 7 days when data is available.
- When you’re happy with the report, click Create report.
- (Optional) You can star your custom report to make it appear at the top of the list.
- Well done! Your custom report is now ready.
Tip: See 12 useful examples to help you better understand custom reports.