Data subject requests (admin panel)
The GDPR requires that each data subject request like data erasure, data rectification, and data access and portability, is recorded and can be reviewed by an operator. Consent Manager allows you to meet these requirements using an admin panel called Data subject requests.
The data subject requests collects information about the time and date of a request submission. Hence, it lets you track the status of a data subject request and process it in a timely manner. According to the GDPR, you have 30 calendar days to respond to the visitor’s request.
Using Consent Manager you can review a request and change its status. But, the request should be processed outside of Piwik PRO. It’s because you may need to additionally identify the data subject, check whether the request is reasonable, or fetch data from other sources.
At the moment, all visitor’s data collected in Piwik PRO need to be fetched or erased manually. You need to contact your system administrator and ask to fetch or erase data in the database. If you need more help with that, please contact our support.
Using data subject requests
To view and edit requests in Consent Manager, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Consent Manager.
- From the website picker, choose the website you want to work with .
- Navigate to Data subject requests.
- Click the arrow next to the request to view information about the request like the visitor’s message and their 1st party cookie data.
- Click the request to view the history of visitor consents and requests. The history may contain the following items:
- Consents change
- Request for data erasure
- Request for data rectification
- Request for data access
On the list with data subject requests, you can update the status of each request. There are three types of the status:
- To do
- In progress
If you need to view the history of any visitor’s consent status and data subject request with timestamps for each, hover over the status label.