When you collect data in countries under GDPR, you need to add a form to collect data requests from visitors and process these requests. In Consent Manager, you can add such a form and use a dedicated panel to manage requests. In this article, we’ll show you how to use this panel.
Here are some things to know before you look into visitor’s requests:
- Your visitors have right to access, change or delete their data, according to the GDPR.
- You have 30 calendar days to respond to a visitor’s request, according to the GDPR.
- You can use our panel to view requests and change their status, but you need to process the request on your own. You usually need to confirm visitor’s identity and check if the request is reasonable.
- If you want to access, change or delete any visitor’s data in Piwik PRO, you need to ask your system administrator to do it in the database. It’s not yet possible to do it directly in Piwik PRO’s software. But if you need help, contact our support.
To view and edit requests in Consent Manager, follow these steps:
Available from version 16.0.0. For versions below 16.0.0, go to Menu > Consent Manager > Data subject requests.
- Go to Menu > Consent Manager.
- From the website picker, choose the website you want to work with.
- Navigate to Requests from visitors.
- Click the arrow next to the request to view information about the request like the visitor’s message and their 1st party cookie data.
- Click the request to view the history of visitor consents and requests. The history may contain the following items:
- Consents change
- Request for data erasure
- Request for data rectification
- Request for data access
- You can update the status for each request on the request list. Here’s the list of available status types:
- To do
- In progress
- Hover over the status to see who and when set the status for this request.