Clicktale Tracking Code tag
The Clicktale Tracking Code tag lets you visualize customer’s behavior on your website in the form of heat maps, reports, and session replays. With Tag Manager, you can set up the tag in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the partition and project’s GUID in Clicktale. To find it, follow these steps:
- Go to Clicktale.
- Look at the URL of your account. For example,
http://subs07.app.clicktale.com/and note the partition number — in our case that would be
- Find the tracking code and look for the project GUID.
To set up a Clicktale Tracking Code tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click + Create new tag.
- Name the tag and select the Clicktale Tracking Code tag.
- Paste the
- In Advanced tag settings, set the tag type. By default, it’s set to be displayed to visitors who consent to Analytics, but you can change it to a different type.
- By default, the Respect visitor privacy is turned on. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a do-not-track option in their browser.
- In Flight dates, set time during which you want to run the tag.
- In Tag triggers, click + New trigger or + Existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click Save for the trigger and click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.