The Clicktale Tracking Code tag lets you visualize customer’s behavior on your website in the form of heat maps, reports, and session replays. With Tag Manager, you can set up the tag in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the partition and project’s GUID in Clicktale. To find it, follow these steps:
- Go to Clicktale.
- Look at the URL of your account. For example,
http://subs07.app.clicktale.com/and note the partition number — in our case that would be
- Find the tracking code and look for the project GUID.
To set up a Clicktale Tracking Code tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add new tag.
- Name the tag and select the following type: Clicktale Tracking Code.
- Paste the
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use Consent Manager. The tag will fire only when selected consent is given by a visitor.
- Respect visitor privacy is turned on by default. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a Do-Not-Track option in their browser or opted out from tracking.
- Enable document.write is turned off by default. Toggle this option, if your tag needs
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag is fired.
- In Tag triggers, click Add new trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click OK for the trigger.
- Click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.