DoubleClick Conversion tag
The DoubleClick Conversion tag lets you collect data about visitors and send it to DoubleClick. DoubleClick can then fit ads to visitors — show visitors what they might like to see. In Tag Manager, you can set up the tag in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the conversion ID and conversion label in DoubleClick.
To set up a DoubleClick Conversion tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click + Create new tag.
- Name the tag and select the DoubleClick Conversion tag.
- Paste the conversion ID, conversion label and optionally a value.
- Optionally, you can toggle Export audience to DoubleClick, choose an audience, and export it to DoubleClick.
- In Advanced tag settings, set the tag type. By default, it’s set to be displayed to visitors who consent to Conversion Tracking, but you can change it to a different type.
- By default, the Respect visitor privacy is turned on. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a do-not-track option in their browser.
- In Flight dates, set time during which you want to run the tag.
- In Tag triggers, click + New trigger or + Existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click Save for the trigger and click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.