Note: In versions below 16.23.0, this tag is called DoubleClick Floodlight Sales.
The Floodlight Sales tag lets you track the number of items and total value of the purchase on your website. In Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the following values in the Floodlight code:
- src=: it’s the advertiser ID.
- type=: it’s a group tag string.
- cat=: it’s an activity tag string.
To set up a Floodlight Sales tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add a tag.
- Name the tag and select the following type: Floodlight Sales.
- Paste the advertiser ID, group tag string and activity tag string.
- In Counting method, set
- In Unique parameters, for Revenue, select a variable that contains the revenue amount, for Order ID, select a variable that contains the order ID and same with Quantity.
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use a consent form on your site. This tag will fire only for visitors who accept the selected consent type.
- Respect opt-out and DNT is turned on by default. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set Do-Not-Track in their browsers, or visitors who opt out of tracking using our opt-out form.
- Enable document.write is turned off by default. Toggle this option, if your tag needs
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag is fired.
- In Tag triggers, click Add new trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click OK for the trigger.
- Click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.