Note: This tag works for GA3. We plan to release GA4 version in a while.
The Google Analytics Tracking tag lets you instal a tracking code for Google Analytics (GA3). With Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the tracking ID in Google Analytics (GA3). To find it, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Analytics (GA3).
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the account column.
- Select a property from the menu in the property column.
- Under property, click Tracking info > Tracking code.
- Copy the tracking ID — it’s displayed at the top of the page.
To set up a Google Analytics (GA3) Tracking tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add a tag.
- Name the tag and select the following type: Google Analytics Tracking.
- Paste the tracking ID.
- Optionally, you can toggle Google Optimize setup and set it up.
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use a consent form on your site. This tag will fire only for visitors who accept the selected consent type.
- Respect opt-out and DNT is turned on by default. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set Do-Not-Track in their browsers, or visitors who opt out of tracking using our opt-out form.
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag is fired.
- In Tag triggers, click Add a trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click OK for the trigger.
- Click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.