Mautic is an open source platform for marketing automation. With the Mautic Tracking tag, you can start collecting data about visitors on your website and integrate it with the Mautic platform.
To set up a Mautic Tracking tag, follow these steps:
- Before you set up the tag, you need to find the Mautic instance URL.
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add a tag.
- Name the tag and select the following type: Mautic Tracking.
- Click Next.
- Paste the Mautic instance URL.
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use a consent form on your site. This tag will fire only for visitors who accept the selected consent type.
- Respect opt-out and DNT is turned on by default. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set Do-Not-Track in their browsers, or visitors who opt out of tracking using our opt-out form.
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag is fired.
- In Tag triggers, click Add a trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click OK for the trigger.
- Click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy with how the tag works, click Publish.