The Optimizely Snippet tag lets you run A/B tests on your website. In Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the project ID in Optimizely. To find it, follow these steps:
- Log in to Optimizely.
- Find your project.
- Look at the URL of you project and copy the project ID.
To set up an Optimizely Snippet tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add a tag.
- Name the tag, click Sync and select the following type: Optimizely Snippet.
- Click Next.
- Paste the project ID.
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use a consent form on your site. This tag will fire only for visitors who accept the selected consent type.
- Respect opt-out and DNT is turned on by default. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set Do-Not-Track in their browsers, or visitors who opt out of tracking using our opt-out form.
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag is fired.
- In Tag triggers, click Add a trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click OK for the trigger.
- Click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy with how the tag works, click Publish.
Note: To run this tag you need to have a synchronous container installed on your website. Read more