Optimizely Snippet tag
The Optimizely Snippet tag lets you run A/B tests on your website. In Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the project ID in Optimizely. To find it, follow these steps:
- Log in to Optimizely.
- Find your project.
- Look at the URL of you project and copy the project ID.
To set up an Optimizely Snippet tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click + Create new tag.
- Name the tag, click Synchronous tag and select the Optimizely Snippet tag.
- Paste the project ID.
- In Advanced tag settings, set the tag type. By default, it’s set to be displayed to visitors who consent to A/B Testing and Personalization, but you can change it to a different type.
- By default, the Respect visitor privacy is turned on. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a do-not-track option in their browser.
- In Flight dates, set time during which you want to run the tag.
- In Tag triggers, click + New trigger or + Existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click Save for the trigger and click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.
Note: To run this tag you need to have a synchronous tracking code installed on your website.