Session Log Report
Coming with the new release 10.0.0.
The session log report is a collection of sessions listed from the newest to the oldest. It shows you detailed data about the visitor like the visitor ID, location, used devices, new or returning type of visitor, and their session like channel, campaign, converted goals, performed events, and more. With this report, you can drill down session data to better understand how the visitor behaves on your website.
In this article, we’ll explain to you how to access and work with the session log report.
Before you start
Before you begin working with the session log report, here are some things to know about it:
- The session log report doesn’t show real-time data. The data appear after 30 minutes to one hour after the visitor finished the session.
- In the report, you can use segments, but you can’t compare segments.
- You can use a quick filter to view sessions that meet wanted conditions, for example, sessions with completed goals.
- You can view all sessions for a given visitor.
About the report
To see data for the session log report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics (new).
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Session log.
- For each session, you can view details about the visitor and session.
- For each session, you can view the stream of viewed pages and events.
Anytime, if you want to apply a filter to view sessions with conditions, follow these steps:
- In the session log report, click the drop-down filter menu.
- Pick the condition type that you want to use, for example
- Set the condition and click Filter.
View visitor sessions
From each session in the visitor log report, you can move to the visitor session report that shows you all sessions performed by this visitor. With this information at hand, you can analyze thoroughly how each visitor behaves from session to session.
To see data for the visitor sessions report, follow these steps:
- In the session log report, click View visitor sessions.
- View sessions for that visitor.