Add a user
Piwik PRO may be used by many people in your company. To share it with your teammates, you need to add a user and set permissions for websites, apps, meta sites, and modules.
In this article, we’ll explain how to add a user.
To add a user, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Users.
- Click Add new user.
- Type an email address used by your teammate.
- Type the password and type the password again to confirm it.
- Set the language for the UI.
- If you want to grant your teammate the owner access level, toggle the Owner privilege. By default, each new user has a user level access and you need to assign permissions for them for each website, app, or meta site.
- Piwik PRO doesn’t send invitation emails to new users, so you’ll have to pass on to your teammate the link to the sign-in page, their email address (used for signing in), and the password that you chose for them. After that, they can change the password themselves.
- As the last step, grant permissions to the website, app, meta site, or module for this user (Menu > Administration > Websites & apps >
your website or app> Permissions or Menu > Administration > Meta sites >
your meta site> Permissions.) Or optionally, add the user to the user group.
Tip: The difference between Owner and User is:
Owner is the primary contact for the account and can perform all actions in the account, including adding a website, inviting other users to join, assigning a user level, and granting permissions for a website.
User can do only specific actions, depending on the type of permission they have for each website. By default, every new User doesn’t have access to anything.