If you have an online store on Shopify, it’s easy to start gathering data on how it’s being used. You can add the Piwik PRO container to your Shopify store. This will allow you to set up your Shopify store as a separate site within Piwik PRO. Once you’ve installed the container, you’ll be able to use Analytics, Tag Manager and Consent Manager with Shopify.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Add a site in Piwik PRO
To add your Shopify store as a site in Piwik PRO, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Sites & apps.
- Click Add a site or app.
- Type the site name and address and click Save.
- Set the time zone and currency.
Note: We’ll show data in reports in this time zone. We’ll use this currency for goal revenue.
- Navigate to Installation.
- In Sites, click Install manually.
- Copy the code from Basic container (async).
Install the container in Shopify
To install the Piwik PRO container in your Shopify store, follow these steps:
- Log in to Shopify.
- Go to Online Store > Themes.
- In the section with your current Shopify theme, click the ⋯ three-dot icon.
- Click Edit code.
- The theme code will be opened in Shopify’s Code Editor.
- In Layout, find your theme.liquid file that defines the look and feel of your theme.
- Paste the container code right after the opening <body> tag in the theme’s HTML code.
- Click Save.
- To confirm that Piwik PRO is properly installed on your store, click the ⋯ three-dot icon.
- Choose Preview from the list.
- If you can see our consent form, then the installation was successful.
- Well done! Data will appear in reports in about an hour. Data in the tracker debugger will appear instantly.
Tip: You can also check manually if the tracking works. Read more
Tip: To change how your data is collected, you can use the following settings: