If you’ve built your site on Squarespace, you can quickly add our container (with a tracking code) and start collecting visitors’ data. In this article, we’ll show you how to do it.
To add a site in Piwik PRO, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Sites & apps.
- Click Add a site or app.
- Type the site name and site address, and click Save.
Note: If you want to collect data from a few domains with the same tracking code, add their addresses.
- Set the time zone and currency.
Note: We’ll show data in reports in this time zone. We’ll use this currency for goal revenue.
- Navigate to Installation.
- In Sites, click Install manually.
- Copy the code from Basic container (async).
Note: To add a custom code to a site, you need one of the following Squarespace plans: Business, Commerce Basic or Commerce Advanced.
To install the Piwik PRO container on Squarespace, follow these steps:
- Log in to Squarespace.
- Choose the site to which you want to add our container.
- On the left, click Settings.
- Navigate to Advanced > Code injection.
Note: This option is only available in the following plans: Business, Commerce Basic or Commerce Advanced.
- In the Footer section, paste the Piwik PRO’s container code.
- Click Save.
- Done! Data will appear in reports in about an hour. Data in the tracker debugger will appear instantly.
Tip: You can also check manually if the tracking works. Read more