If you’re running your website on Wix, you can quickly add the Piwik PRO container and start collecting visitor data. First, you’ll need to add a site or app to Piwik PRO. Next, add our container code as custom code on Wix.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step.
To add a site in Piwik PRO, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Sites & apps.
- Click Add a site or app.
- Type the site or app name and address and click Save.
Note: If you want to track a few domains with the same tracking code, add their addresses.
- Set the time zone and currency.
Note: We’ll show data in reports in this time zone. We’ll use this currency for goal revenue.
- Navigate to Installation.
- In Sites, click Install manually.
- In Basic container (async), click Copy to clipboard.
Note: This container holds your tracking code and is used to handle most tags. Always install this container.
To install the Piwik PRO container on a Wix site, follow these steps:
- Log in to Wix.
- Go to Settings.
- In Advanced, click Custom Code.
Note: You need one of the Wix premium plans to use a custom code.
- Click + Add Custom Code in the upper right corner.
- In Body – start, click Add Code.
- Paste the Piwik PRO’s container code.
- Name the code. Example:
- In Add Code to Pages, choose All pages. This adds the code to all of your site’s pages, including any new pages that you create in the future.
- Choose Load code once.
Note: Wix sites are built as single-page applications (SPAs). In versions 16.19.0 and higher, Piwik PRO tracks SPAs automatically. Read more
Tip: For more on how Wix loads custom code, see this article.
- Click Apply.
Note: If you use Wix’s consent system instead of Piwik PRO Consent Manager, categorize your code as Analytics.
- Done! Data will appear in reports in about an hour. Data in the tracker debugger will appear instantly.
Tip: You can also check manually to check if your tracking works. Read more