Can I use network domain and service provider dimensions in Piwik PRO?
Yes, Piwik PRO collects data about an internet service provider used by a visitor to enter your website. It also recognizes an organization, like a business, educational, or government unit, from which a visitor browses your site.
These dimensions are mostly used to uncover bot and spam traffic, and large companies apply them to filter out internal traffic from reports.
Here are the names and definitions of these dimensions in Piwik PRO:
- Provider: The name of the visitor’s internet service provider.
- Organization: The name of the visitor’s organization, such as a business, educational, government unit. The organization is a company to which the internet service provider has sublet the IP address range. When an organization is not identified, this dimension contains the name of the internet service provider instead of the name of the business.
Note: The organization name is available for about 40% of corporate, government, and educational networks.
To view provider and organization data, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics (new).
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Location.
- Select the following section: ISP or Organization.
Note: When you see
No data for a provider or organization dimension in reports, it’s because the IP address of the visitor is not available. In most cases, it’s when you use Consent Manager and collect anonymous data where IP addresses are fully masked (0.0.0.0). It may also be because you use the IP masking option.