The Collecting data from forms tag (Audience Manager form tracker tag) lets you collect data from forms and use it in Audience Manager.
To set up the Collecting data from forms tag, follow these steps:
- Find the form ID on your website.
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add new tag.
- Name the tag and select the following type: Collecting data from forms tag (Audience Manager form tracker tag).
- In Form data tracking, paste the form ID.
- In Form data tracking, optionally toggle Use form labels as attribute names.
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use Consent Manager. The tag will fire only when selected consent is given by a visitor.
- Respect visitor privacy is turned on by default. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a Do-Not-Track option in their browser or opted out from tracking.
- Enable document.write is turned off by default. Toggle this option, if your tag needs
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag is fired.
- In Tag triggers, click Add new trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click OK for the trigger.
- Click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.
- After some time, data will be collected and you will be able to see data from the form under Menu > Audience Manager > Profile browser. For example, it will track and show the visitor’s email address.