Bing Universal Event Tracking tag
The Bing Universal Event Tracking tag is a mechanism that reports user activity on your website to Bing Ads. In Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the Bing ID. To find it, follow these steps:
- Go to Bing Ads > Campaigns page.
- Navigate to Conversion tracking.
- Click UET tag.
- Copy the ID.
To set up a Bing Universal Event Tracking tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click + Create new tag.
- Name the tag and select the Bing Universal Event Tracking tag.
- Paste the Bing ID.
- In Advanced tag settings, set the tag type. By default, it’s set to be displayed to visitors who consent to Remarketing, but you can change it to a different type.
- By default, the Respect visitor privacy is turned on. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a do-not-track option in their browser.
- In Flight dates, set time during which you want to run the tag.
- In Tag triggers, click + New trigger or + Existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click Save for the trigger and click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.