DoubleClick Floodlight Counter tag
The DoubleClick Floodlight Counter tag lets you count the number of page views that happened after a visitor saw or clicked your ad. In Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the following values in the DoubleClick code:
src=: it’s the advertiser ID.
type=: it’s a group tag string.
cat=: it’s an activity tag string.
To set up a DoubleClick Floodlight Counter tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click + Create new tag.
- Name the tag and select the DoubleClick Floodlight Counter tag.
- Paste the advertiser ID, and optionally a group tag string and activity tag string.
- In Counting method, set
- In Standard variables, select a variable that contains the value you want to pass to the Floodlight custom variable.
- In Advanced tag settings, set the tag type. By default, it’s set to be displayed to visitors who consent to Remarketing, but you can change it to a different type.
- By default, the Respect visitor privacy is turned on. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a do-not-track option in their browser.
- In Flight dates, set time during which you want to run the tag.
- In Tag triggers, click + New trigger or + Existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click Save for the trigger and click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.
Tip: Floodlight custom variables are key-values that can be used to track data that you collect about your users, for example, the type of shoes that a user purchases. Custom Floodlight variables use the keys