The DoubleClick Floodlight Counter tag lets you count the number of page views that happened after a visitor saw or clicked your ad. In Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to find the the following values in the DoubleClick code:
- src=: it’s the advertiser ID.
- type=: it’s a group tag string.
- cat=: it’s an activity tag string.
To set up a DoubleClick Floodlight Counter tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add new tag.
- Name the tag and select the following type: DoubleClick Floodlight Counter.
- Paste the advertiser ID, group tag string and activity tag string.
- In Counting method, set
- In Standard variables, select a variable that contains the value you want to pass to the Floodlight custom variable.
Tip: Floodlight custom variables are key-values that can be used to track data that you collect about your users, for example, the type of shoes that a user purchases. Custom Floodlight variables use the keys
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use Consent Manager. The tag will fire only when selected consent is given by a visitor.
- Respect visitor privacy is turned on by default. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a Do-Not-Track option in their browser or opted out from tracking.
- Enable document.write is turned off by default. Toggle this option, if your tag needs
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag is fired.
- In Tag triggers, click Add new trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click OK for the trigger.
- Click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.