The audience overview report shows key information about visitors on your website. It’s a good report to quickly understand visitors’ behavior without digging into much detail.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Audience overview.
- View the report.
In the audience overview report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts with the first event and ends 30 minutes after the last event (after the session is over).
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors. Every visitor is counted once, even if they visit the website many times during the day.
- Page views: The number of times a page was visited.
- Events per session: The average number of events in a session.
- Average session time: The average duration of a session measured from the first to last event during a visit.
- % of returning visitors: The percentage of people who came back to your website again.
- Conversions: The number of goal completions. (You need to set goals to collect this data.)
- Conversion rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors completed a goal.
Goal conversion rate = Sessions with a completed goal / Sessions * 100%(You need to set goals to collect this data.)