A goal conversion tag helps you track goals manually when standard methods won’t work.
To set it up, follow these steps:
- Create a new goal in Menu > Analytics > Goals and select manual tracking in its settings.
Tip: Read more about goals.
- Copy the goal ID. You’ll need it in the next steps.
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click Add a tag.
- Name your tag and select the following type: Goal conversion.
- Click Next.
- Paste the goal ID and set the revenue if you want.
Tip: You can add goal IDs and revenue dynamically using variables in Tag Manager.
Note: You can track a previously created custom dimension by picking the index number of the dimension and providing its value. For more, read this article.
- In Advanced tag settings, choose Consent type. Set it up if you use a consent form on your site. This tag will only fire for visitors who accept the selected consent type.
- Respect opt-out and DNT is turned on by default. Leave it as is if you want to respect visitors who’ve turned on the Do-Not-Track feature in their browsers or who’ve opted out of tracking using our opt-out form.
- In Flight dates, set the date and time when the tag will fire.
- In Tag triggers, click Add a trigger or Choose existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Click Save.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy with how the tag works, click Publish.
- All set!