Piwik PRO goal conversion tag
The Piwik PRO goal conversion tag lets you set up goals manually. It’s used when tracking goals with standard methods is impossible. In Tag Manager, you can set it up in a hassle-free way.
Before you set up the tag, you need to create a goal in Analytics (new) or Analytics (classic), select manual tracking, and copy the goal ID.
Tip: To find the goal ID in Analytics (new) go to Menu > Analytics (new) > Goals.
Tip: To find the goal ID in Analytics (classic) go to Menu > Analytics > Goals > Manage goals.
To set up a Piwik PRO goal conversion tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click + Create new tag.
- Name the tag and select the Piwik PRO goal conversion tag.
- Paste the goal ID and optionally set a revenue.
- In Advanced tag settings, set the tag type. By default, it’s set to be displayed to visitors who consent to Analytics, but you can change it to a different type.
- By default, the Respect visitor privacy is turned on. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a do-not-track option in their browser.
- In Flight dates, set time during which you want to run the tag.
- In Tag triggers, click + New trigger or + Existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click Save for the trigger and click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.
Tip: You can add a goal ID and revenue dynamically using variables in Tag Manager.
Note: You can track a previously created custom dimension by picking the index number of the dimension and providing its value. For more, read Create a custom dimension.