Internal search report
The internal search report shows queries that visitors use to search your website. Search data helps you learn what visitors look for on your site, and this knowledge can guide you in designing more fitting content for them.
Search data comes from a search engine that you have on your site, so if you don’t have such an engine, you won’t see any data in this report. Piwik PRO tracks the most popular search query parameters such as
keyword. However, if your website uses different queries, you’ll need to add them to the website’s settings (Menu > Administration > Websites & apps > Select a website or an app > Settings > Internal search engine tracking).
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics (new).
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Internal search.
- View the report.
- To access specific sections of the report, click the section name.
Note: By default, Piwik PRO tracks keywords and counts the number of searches for each keyword. But in the report, you’ll find other data such as search categories and an average count of search results. You can track this data additionally. For more, see this article.
Metrics in the report
In the internal search report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Searches: The number of searches on your website.
- Average search results count: The average number of search results that were shown to the visitor.