The necessary tools: Analytics + Tag Manager
If you run a shop on your website and want to track transactions along with web analytics data, you can use an ecommerce tracking. An ecommerce tracking is an additional module in Piwik PRO that can be turned on or off at any moment.
After you turn it on, you need to code ecommerce elements that you want to track in Tag Manager. Coding requires technical knowledge, so if you’re not a tech-savvy person, team up with an expert in your company and contact our support. Our technical team can help you with the setup.
To turn the ecommerce tracking on, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Select a website you want to work with.
- Navigate to Settings.
- In Tracking, toggle
- After doing that, you will see an ecommerce section in Analytics. Reports in this section will fill up with data as soon as you set up tracking for each ecommerce element.
For more, read our article about ecommerce reports.
Here are code examples for ecommerce elements that you will need to track:
- Add or remove an item to a cart
addEcommerceItem(productSKU[, productName, productCategory, price, quantity])
- Completed order
trackEcommerceOrder(orderId, orderGrandTotal[, orderSubTotal, orderTax, orderShipping, orderDiscount])
- Update the value of items in a cart
- Product or product category page (optional)
setEcommerceView(productSKU[, productName, categoryName, productPrice])
For more about ecommerce tracking functions, read our technical documentation.